Literacy Focus of the Month_ Focus Myths
8:00am- 3:30pm Monday- Friday
438 Poplar Street, Greenville, MS 38701
PH: 662-334-8100 | FX: 662-378-5472
1.1 Vision Statement (School Library Guide p. 7)
Create collaborative relationships between school librarians and classroom teachers which transforms the school library program into a support system that strengthens the curriculum by bridging the information literacy gap.
1.2 Mission Statement (School Library Guide p. 7)
The mission of McBride Pre-K Academy School's library programs is to assist in providing a quality education for every child by:
- Encouraging lifelong information literacy and learning through reading and inquiry.
- Providing an inviting, dynamic environment in which students and staff become learners capable of accessing, evaluating, applying, and sharing information independently.
- Providing real and virtual access to appropriate, high-quality resources (print/non-print and digital formats) and services that support and enhance teaching, literacy, and learning during and outside the school day.
- Participating in curriculum development and design of learning activities.
- Facilitating professional development for the learning community.
Retrieved from https://www.mdek12.org/VMSP
Corey C. Johnson, Librarian/Art Teacher
McBride Pre-K Academy
438 Poplar Street
Greenville, MS 38701